If you lost your iPhone and looking to recover old data, then you will get old data from iTunes backup file. iTunes stored data in encrypted form. If you want to extract files from encrypted iPhone backups or recover old data from encrypted iPhone backup, then you are in the right place. In this guide, I will guide you how to recover files from encrypted iTunes backup files.
- 1 iTunes Backup Extractor Software- Extract data from Encrypted iPhone Backups
- 2 What you will get here
- 2.1 How to Extract Files from Encrypted iPhone Backups
- 2.2 Minimum system requirement
- 2.3 Step by Step Guide – How to Decrypt, Extract & Recover iPhone Data Files from Encrypted iTunes Backup
- 2.4 Extract files from encrypted iPhone backups using MAC
- 2.5 Final Thoughts on Extract Files from Encrypted iPhone Backups
- 2.6 The difference between Free and Premium data recovery software.
- 2.7 Share this:
iTunes Backup Extractor Software- Extract data from Encrypted iPhone Backups
Many iTunes backup extractor software is available in markets. Here, I select one of the best iTunes extractors to remove files from encrypted iPhone backups. It will recover the deleted files from an encrypted iTunes backup files. To recover it, you must give the password to bypass encryption. Once, the file converted from the encrypted file to decrypted file; this iPhone data recovery software will scan all the information and recover files from it. If you lost your iPhone password, then check the solution to unlock cloud activation lock.
What you will get here
These tricks apply to recover photos, music, iMessage, contacts, etc. Yes! I also tried this method to recover iMessage from iPhone. Similarly, check my post how to use iMessage on PC.
Once you extract files from encrypted iPhone backups, you stored recovered data in CSV, VCF as well as HTML format. So, that’s why I called as it is best iPhone backup extractor and most importantly it is available for MAC as well as Windows system.
How to Extract Files from Encrypted iPhone Backups
So, before going into real software installation, check minimum system requirement.
Minimum system requirement
Processor: Intel Processors or higher
Operating System: MAC OS X 10.8 and above, Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / XP
Physical Memory: 1 GB RAM or higher.
iPhone: iPhone 6 Plus / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5 / 4s / 4
Storage: Minimum 100 MB free space
Software: iTunes latest version.
Step by Step Guide – How to Decrypt, Extract & Recover iPhone Data Files from Encrypted iTunes Backup
Step 1: Download or Update iTunes latest version. If your iTunes don’t connect to iPhone check our earlier post https://technicgang.com/resolve-issue-iphone-cannot-connect-to-itunes/
Step 3: Once you buy this product, delivery of the product started through electronic media. You will get an email containing software download link and activation key.
Step 4: To install and run the software on Windows PC, follow these guide:
Install iPhone Backup Extractor.
- Double click on StellarPhoenixDataRecoveryforiPhone.exe. It is an executable file, will start installation and Setup for Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery dialogue box are displayed.
- Click Next. It will show you License Agreement dialogue box.
- Choose “I accept the agreement “option so, next button will be enabled. Click on Next button.
- Now you will get Select Destination Location dialogue box.
- Browse and select destination path to store setup files. Click on Next button to display Select Start Menu Folder dialogue box.
- Choose the check boxes as per your choice and Click on next button.
- Ready to Install dialogue box is started so, click on install button and start iPhone backup recovery software installation.
- After completion of installation Click on finish.
Follow steps after completion of backup extractor installation.
Step 5: Run Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery software. (Note: Do not need to connect your iPhone for recovering data from encrypted iTunes backup file. So, you can run this method through Windows PC. No need use IOS emulator for extract data from encrypted iPhone backups.
Steps 6: Select “Recover from iTunes Backup” option. It helps you, to extract Also from encrypted iPhone backups.
Steps 7: It will show you all the backups’ files available in the system.
Steps 8: Select iTunes backup and preview and save backup data. It will help you to extract following data recovery files.(Photo/ Images, Camera Stream, Contacts, Call History, Messages, Message Attachments, Calendar,
Reminder, Notes, Notes Attachments, Voice Memo, Bookmarks, WhatsApp messages and attachments)
Steps 9: All non-deleted items listed in black colour whereas deleted items in Red colour.
Steps 10: From left side tree view, all iTunes backup file listed. You can select all or few items by using check box.
Steps 11: Click on Save to save selected items.
Extract files from encrypted iPhone backups using MAC
- Download free iPhone backup extractor for MAC Click here.
- To install and run the software on MAC PC, follow these guide:
- Unzip StellarPhoenixDataRecoveryforiPhone.dmg.zip.
- Decompress and double click on the dmg file to mount the virtual volume for StellarPhoenixDataRecoveryforiPhone.
- Open backup extractor software in an application window.
- Drag and drop recovery software to the application folder.
- Double-click on software in an application window.
- Accept user agreements.
- Remove the software and move from application folder to trash.
- From Main screen select Recover from iTunes Backup option.
- It will list all backup files listed in your systems.
- Select an iTunes backup and preview and save the following data from:
(Photo/ Images, Camera Stream, Contacts, Call History, Messages, Message Attachments, Calendar, Reminder, Notes, Notes Attachments, Voice Memo, Bookmarks, WhatsApp messages and attachments)
- From a left side view, click on the supported file categories under the listed iTunes backup file.
- Click Save and save path to save the data.
Final Thoughts on Extract Files from Encrypted iPhone Backups
It is multipurpose software which helps you to recover messages, contact, notes, reminders, bookmarks, call history, images, videos and WhatsApp messages from iOS devices. But, it is not able to recover the deleted data if latest data have overwritten data.
You can preview data before recovering them. Also, it is very simple process does not demand any technical knowledge.
The difference between Free and Premium data recovery software.
The free version of Data Recovery for iPhone software allows the end user to preview files that can be recovered using data recovery software. With the Premium version, you can improve and save unlimited files from an iPhone or iOS device.So, I will be recommended you use Premium version data recovery software.
It is complete data recovery software for iDevice to recover iMessage. So, it will help you to recover and extract data from iCloud backups. Also, helps to recover from an encrypted iPhone backups. Sametime, it supported too many iDevices, and software version is available for both Windows as well as MAC PC.
Here, I posted how to recover data from an encrypted iTunes backup file using Windows as well as Mac PC. In the post, I will go for How to recover deleted data from iPhone or recover deleted files from the cloud. So, extract files from encrypted iPhone backups using Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery.