QUERY: “I have an Excel file with thousands of email addresses I want to Import all these emails to Outlook. But my Excel file is in XLS file format. I am not getting any option to Import XLS to Outlook. How can I do that?”
Want to know how to Import Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xltx, and .xltm) spreadsheet email addresses into Outlook(2016, 2013, 2010) Distribution list/ Outlook Contact Group? Read this and get the best solution for the same.
Microsoft Outlook is an application, mainly used to send and receive Emails. It is a Personal information manager from Microsoft, that includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, journal and web browsing. It can be used to manage various types of personal data. However, there come times when users need to import email addresses from Excel to Outlook group. Now, if you are thinking what’s this Outlook Group then:
First, let us understand what is Outlook Contact Group or Distribution List?
Distribution list (aka Contact Group) is a feature of MS Outlook that allows sending an email to multiple people — a project team, a committee, or even just a group of friends. Using this, one can send an email to several users at once even without adding each name to the To, Cc, or Bcc line individually. It’s a type of electronic mailshot. An email distribution list can be segmented into various categories and hence very useful for your business team.
How many names can I include in a distribution list?
The maximum number of emails or names that you can include in the Outlook distribution list depends on the size of each email address or contact file. A distribution list can contain between 50-70 names and email addresses. The maximum number of e-mail addresses with minimum contact file size is approximately 125.
Well, importing email addresses from Excel to Outlook contact group isn’t that easy. This is so because MS Outlook does not provide an option to import Excel files directly to Outlook, except vCard/ CSV file. Hence, converting Excel file into vCard becomes essential to export email addresses from Excel to Outlook contact group.
Import an Email List from Excel to Outlook Group in Just Two Simple Steps
STEP 1- Convert Excel to vCard
- Download Excel to vCard File Converter.
- Click on the Browse button and select the MS Excel file and Open it
- After this, the software will preview the selected content XLSX/ XLS file, then click on Next to continue the process
- Match the Excel fields with vCard attributes .i.e choose Excel fields then match the fields with vCard
- After matching, click on the Add button. The tool will exhibit a list of matched attributes. After this click on the Next button
- Now check the required options before converting and click on the Convert button to start the conversion process
- After the completion and saving the file in your desired location software will create separate vCard files for each email address
STEP 2- Import vCard to Outlook
- Open Outlook and click on File > Import and Export
- The Import and Export wizard will be shown. Choose Import a vCard file(.vcf) option and click Next
- Select the location of vCard, click Open.
Note: If Excel file is saved in .csv then, you can import it directly to Outlook with steps below:
Click File >> Import and export >> Import from another program or file >> Comma Separated Values >> Next >> Browse. Navigate and add the CSV to import in Outlook.
Problem with manual method:-
The manual process to import email addresses from Excel to Outlook contact group is quite complicated for non-technical users. It is a lengthy, time-consuming, and requires a lot of efforts if there are so many email addresses. Moreover, copying Excel email addresses manually to Outlook increases the chances of data loss and can lead to major mistakes. Hence, the purpose is to find the best alternative method that saves time and effort so that the user can get an email address from Excel to Outlook directly. Therefore, we recommend users to download the software mentioned above.
This is how you can export email addresses from Excel to the Outlook contact group. This is the most effective way for many users who want a direct solution.
After importing email addresses in Outlook, create a contact group of imported email addresses and follow the steps below to send the same email to an entire distribution list in outlook:
- Create a new email message in Outlook
- Select To
- Highlight the Distribution list
- In the ‘To’ field, enter the name of distribution list/ contact group
- Select OK
- Compose the message
- Click Send to send the email to everyone on the Distribution list
In this way, you can convert any Excel (.xlsx/ .xls) email files to Outlook distribution list. This is the most direct and simple way to import email addresses from Excel to Outlook distribution list. With the help of the tool mentioned in this article, you can easily export or import your Excel email address list to Outlook and can easily create a distribution list of that. This application performs safe conversion of Excel emails to vCard without causing any changes, damage or data loss. One must give a try to this product by downloading its free demo version.