If you lost your iPhone and looking to recover old data then you will get old data from iTunes backup file. iTunes stored data in encrypted ways, If you want to extract files from encrypted iPhone backups or recover old files from encrypted iPhone backup then you are in right place. In this guide, I will guide you how to recover files from encrypted iTunes backup files.
iTunes Backup Extractor Software- Extract files from Encrypted iPhone Backups
Many iTunes backup extractor software available in markets. Here, I select one of the best iTunes extractors to extract files from encrypted iPhone backups. It will recover the deleted files from an encrypted iTunes backup files. In order to recover it, you must give the password to bypass encryption. Once, the file is converted from the encrypted file to decrypted file, this iPhone data recovery software will scan all the data and recover files from it. If you lost your iPhone password then check solution to unlock icloud activation lock.
What you will get here
This tricks also applicable to recover photos, music, iMessage, contacts etc. Yes! I also tried this method to recover iMessage from iPhone. Similarly, check my post how to use iMessage on PC.
Once you extract files from encrypted iPhone backups, you can be stored recovered data in CSV, VCF as well as HTML format. So, that’s why I called as it is best iPhone backup extractor and most importantly it is available for MAC as well as Windows system.
How to Extract Files from Encrypted iPhone Backups
Before going into real software installation, check minimum system requirement.
Minimum system requirement
Processor: Intel Processors or higher
Operating System: MAC OS X 10.8 and above, Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / XP
Physical Memory: 1 GB RAM or higher.
IPhone: iPhone 6 Plus / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5 / 4s / 4
Storage: Minimum 100 MB free space
Software: iTunes latest version.
Step by Step guide – How to Decrypt, Extract & Recover iPhone Data Files from Encrypted iTunes Backup
Step 1: Download or Update iTunes latest version. If your iTunes don’t connect to iPhone check our earlier post http://technicgang.com/resolve-issue-iphone-cannot-connect-to-itunes/
Step 3: Once you buy this product, delivery of the product is started through electronic media. You will get an email containing software download link and activation key.
Step 4: To install and run the software on windows PC, follow these guide:
- Double click on StellarPhoenixDataRecoveryforiPhone.exe. It is an executable file, will start installation and Setup for Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery dialog box are displayed.
- Click Next. It will show you License Agreement dialog box.
- Choose “I accept the agreement “option so, next button will be enabled. Click on Next button.
- Now you will get Select Destination Location dialog box.
- Browse and select destination path to stored setup files. Click on Next button to display Select Start Menu Folder dialog box.
- Choose the check boxes as per your choice and Click on next button.
- Ready to Install dialog box is started so, click on install button and start iPhone backup recovery software installation.
- after completion of installation Click on finish.
Step 5: Run Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery software. (Note: Do not need to connect your iPhone for recovering data from encrypted iTunes backup file. So, you can run this method through windows PC. No need use IOS emulator for extract files from encrypted iPhone backups.
Steps 6: Select “Recover from iTunes Backup” option. It helps you, to extract files from encrypted iPhone backups.
Steps 7: It will show you all the backups’ files available in the system.
Steps 8: Select iTunes backup and preview and save backup data. It will help you to extract following data recovery files.(Photo/ Images, Camera Stream, Contacts, Call history, Messages, Message Attachments, Calendar,
Reminder, Notes, Notes Attachments, Voice Memo, Bookmarks, WhatsApp messages and attachments)
Steps 9: All non-deleted items are listed in black color whereas deleted items in Red color.
Steps 10: From left side tree view, all iTunes backup file are listed. You can select all or few items by using check box.
Steps 11: Click on Save to save selected items.
Extract files from encrypted iPhone backups using MAC
- Download free iPhone backup extractor for MAC Click here.
- To install and run the software on MAC PC, follow these guide:
- Unzip StellarPhoenixDataRecoveryforiPhone.dmg.zip.
- Decompress and double click on the dmg file to mount the virtual volume for StellarPhoenixDataRecoveryforiPhone.
- Open software in an application window.
- Drag and drop recovery software to the application folder.
- Double-click on software in an application window.
- Accept user agreements.
- Remove the software and move from application folder to trash.
- From Main screen select recover from iTunes Backup option.
- It will list all backup files listed in your systems.
- Select an iTunes backup and preview and save the following data from:
(Photo/ Images, Camera Stream, Contacts, Call history, Messages, Message Attachments, Calendar, Reminder, Notes, Notes Attachments, Voice Memo, Bookmarks, WhatsApp messages and attachments)
- From a left side view, click on the supported file categories under the listed iTunes backup file.
- Click Save and save path to save the data.
Final Thoughts on Extract Files from Encrypted iPhone Backups
It is multipurpose software which helps you to recover messages, contact, notes, reminders, bookmarks, call history, images, videos and WhatsApp messages from iOS devices. But, it is not able to recover the deleted data if data has been overwritten by latest data.
You can preview data before recovering them. In addition, it is very simple process does not demand any technical knowledge.
The difference between Free and Premium data recovery software.
The free version of Data Recovery for iPhone software allows the end user to preview files that can be recovered using data recovery software. With the Premium version, you can recover and save unlimited files from an iPhone or iOS device.
It is complete data recovery software for iDevice to recover iMessage. Which helps you to recover and to extract files from iCloud backups and from an encrypted iPhone backups. In addition, it supported to multiple iDevice and software version is available for both windows as well as MAC PC.
Here, I posted how to recover data from an encrypted iTunes backup file using windows as well as Mac PC. In the post, I will go for How to recover deleted data from iPhone or recover deleted files from icloud. So, extract files from encrypted iPhone backups using Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery.
“Technicgang Started on 2015” Rahul Samant is the founder & CEO of Technicgang. A blog based on science and technology. Techicgang receives 10K subscribers with in year.